Friday, April 23, 2010

Lefty blogger can't find a right-wing site worth reading

Erstwhile Asian Correspondent contributor Jeremy Sear can't find a single "honest and fair and open to reasonable discussion" right-wing site so he asks his readers for recommendations. Helen Dale's Skeptic Lawyer site gets several nods but there's no way Sear is going to acknowledge these recommendations because Dale's co-blogger Legal Eagle dares to link to a right-winger Sear doesn't like: me.


In a separate post Sear alleges that "modern Australia doesn’t build railways". He's wrong, of course: the 1,420 kilometre Alice Springs to Darwin rail link began construction in 2001 and was officially opened in 2004. So it's business as usual for diehard lefty Sear who misrepresents, with a leftist slant, damn near everything he writes about.


Update: Sear rejects the Skeptic Lawyer recommendations:



I don’t know about skepticlawyer – they’re okay in what they write, but they also fraternise quite openly with the sort of bottom-dwelling righties who have no limits to which they will not sink – which they know very well. I find that very difficult to respect. There are a couple of links on their sidebar which are like a flashing orange WARNING sign.



None of Skeptic Lawyer's links has yet sunk to the depths plumbed by Sear himself.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Legal Eagle said...

Oh well, never mind, I'm most pleased that commenters give us a nod.

6:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just the usual "Sear Smear." Self righteous, "look at me on me pedestal" babbling with a healthy dose "I'm also a lawyer" thrown in there to make him even more annoying...

I miss Arnie Becker...

6:46 PM  
Anonymous StuF said...

That clown Sear has about as much credibility as the Ant. Keep at him, perhaps his head will explode.

6:50 AM  
Anonymous thefrollickingmole said...

Well my suggestion was shot down because he didnt want to read a book that challenged him.

Bit like the old Quadrant T shirt. "I havent read quadrant because I dont like it".

12:57 PM  
Anonymous ar said...

I won't criticise Sear on this because I can't bear to read any lefty sites.

8:46 AM  
Anonymous Amazed said...

So many things to laugh at when looking at Sear's site.
he had this to say : "I do consume right-wing media – I read news.com.au as much as abc.net.au, and their chief ratbag, Bolt, more than many left wing blogs".

Ha, he makes it sound like he's just the average, neutral punter, "I read therefore I am". What he doesn't say is that his pre-occupation with sites such as Bolt's are more than just a casual reading of an opposing view as his numerous anti-Bolt fixated sites (yes, there were more than one) attest.

9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keri is having a sook, as usual. She says she can't blog because she is now too self censoring.

Poor dear.

7:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see Beck's falling back into his customary rhythm. One post about Loewenstein, one post about Sear, rinse, repeat. Yawn.

9:22 AM  
Anonymous Intrigued Asian reader said...

I'm sure that all Asian readers of this excellent blog are as fascinated and titillated by Beck's obsession with Sear as I am.

8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home