Wednesday, April 08, 2009

AUSTRALIA: LAND OF CASUAL RACISM AND SWASTIKAS

An unusual observation from the Sydney Morning Herald's Travel Blog:
That's the thing about Australia - on the surface we're a pretty happy, knockabout bunch of larrikins, but underneath lies a sad undercurrent of casual racism and xenophobia.

We might not all be One Nation voters, sitting at home carving swastikas into our foreheads, but I know a lot of people who fall into the, "you're in Australia - speak f---in' English" mould of fear.
That's fucked up on so many levels it ain't even funny.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Mild Colonial Boy, Esq. said...

As people like Steve Sailor have said this "anti-racist" posturing is all a status thing between Europeans.

It separates the "enlightened" ruling class from the "racist" plebs - it shows they are above the petty concerns of the peasantry who are concerned about drastic demographic changes caused by mass immigration and the underminding of traditional Australian culture by Multiculturalism.

A more detailed analysis of "anti-racism" was done by traditional Conservative Jim Kalb at http://turnabout.ath.cx:8000/node/1447.

9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I lived in Australia 13 years (I am white from North Africa). I have encountered so many racist people there that did everything possible and impossible to make my stay there as unpleasant as they could. People spat on my face, threw beer bottles at me, fired me from jobs for no reason, and accused me of stealing, bribery, and sexual harassment. My advice to every young man or woman who wants to go there is "DON'T!" Australia is a waste of time and money!

10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home