Wednesday, January 02, 2008

JEW COMES CLEAN

Best-selling author Antony Loewenstein gives some uncharacteristically frank interview responses:

Your book My Israel Question condemns the Israeli occupation of Palestine and the power wielded by the international pro-Jewish lobby. What motivated you to write this book and what has been the response from the Jewish community?

Well, I've always wanted to be a journalist and author but can't write for shit so I decided to create attention-generating controversy by becoming an outspokenly anti-Israel Jew. The ploy worked a treat but didn't really help book sales much. The response from the Jewish community was both warranted and accurate.

You have received many death threats. Do you take these threats against your life seriously?

Nah, I made up the whole death threats thing.

What is Israel’s geo-political significance to the US?

The US wants continued access to Israel's petroleum reserves. It's as simple as that.

Tell us a little about your latest project.

I was writing a book about the Australian media being controlled by Jews but my publisher wimped out: it would cost more to rewrite the book than it would ever make in sales. I had to come up with a new idea to pitch to a new publisher. The publisher jumped at the chance to produce a book about internet censorship by repressive regimes – that I offered to cover printing and distribution costs probably helped, just a little.
Okay, maybe there are a few transcription errors in there. You can check out the original here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home