Monday, January 29, 2007

CANADA REJECTS REFUGEES

The Canadian government has rejected claims for refugee status lodged by 13 soldiers who fled the United States. Deserter Matt Lowell is one of those rejected:
"I wanted to go to Afghanistan and take down Osama bin Laden," Lowell said. "I was so proud . . . when I signed up."

Then, things changed.

"Everybody was watching the news and that's when I started hearing they still haven't found the weapons of mass destruction and they're bombing the hell out of Iraq," Lowell said.

"I felt it was the wrong war."
That's one of the troubles with soldiering: you don't get to pick wars, just fight them.

1 Comments:

Anonymous The_Real_JeffS said...

There were a lot of times when I wondered what the f**k was going on when I was mobilized. I never considered desertion, however. I just soldiered on.....as did thousands of others.

My pity level for those cretins is way below zero. I hope that they enjoy that bad conduct discharge; they've earned it.

11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home