Monday, January 22, 2007

BEST BLOG POSTS 2006: UPDATE TWO

Right, that's the serious bit out of the way (see part one, above); back to the frivolous attack on my veracity. Helen Dale (you remember, the libertarian) didn't much like my second BBP06 post, responding with a post titled The straight dope -- you really need to read it; it's a scattergun classic. Her main points:
  1. I made a number of accusations (unspecified)
  2. I misrepresented her (unspecified).
  3. I am irritated (about what she doesn't say).
  4. I am a liar (my posts allegedly contain "a number of demonstrably untrue statements").
  5. My commenters (I do have a few) are rude.
  6. I accused Mark Bahnisch of co-ordinating the "competition" (as if there's something wrong in co-ordinating).
  7. My post contains an immature sexual reference.
  8. As the youngest ever winner of the Miles Franklin Award she knows "just a teensy weensy bit about good writing."
My responses:
  1. My posts give a short history of BBP06's evolution plus opinions; there are no accusations.
  2. In comments to Dale's post I repeatedly ask her to point out my misrepresentations. No can do.
  3. I'm having trouble with a nagging rectal itch. Wonder how she knows?
  4. She has been repeatedly asked to cites my lies. Hasn't happened.
  5. My commenters did indeed make some rude comments. Big deal, catallaxy is renowned for rude comments.
  6. Nope, I said Mark Bahnisch offered to co-ordinate. He did offer to co-ordinate.
  7. Immature sexual references don't make me a liar.
  8. I'm honoured to share the same continent.
In short, while my opinions are open to attack, the two posts in question are factually correct. I've repeatedly asked Ms Dale to specify what in my posts is untrue or misleading. She has not done so, thus rendering ironic her assertion that she dislikes being misrepresented.

The catallaxians obviously think there's no such thing as bad publicity.

Postscript: This little incident certainly hasn't upset me (this is hardly a nuclear retaliatory attack), I just want to see how this plays out. Stay tuned; I'm doing more research.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home